Groby Action Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Groby is not now getting the Transit site (but we are getting a residential site near Anstey)!

+3
MummySaint
grobymrs67
Admin
7 posters

Go down

Groby is not now getting the Transit site (but we are getting a residential site near Anstey)! Empty Groby is not now getting the Transit site (but we are getting a residential site near Anstey)!

Post by Admin Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:46 am

"So in the "preferred option" going on public consultation for 8 weeks:
No transit site in Groby (it is now in Hinkley, exact location to follow).
One permanent site but not on Leicester rd, at the end of Anstey Lane, by Anstey Cemetary.

We now have to make sure the Hinkley proposed site is not another smoke screen because if it is, the site could very well come back to Groby."

Source David @ Facebook

Admin
Admin

https://grobyactiongroup.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Groby is not now getting the Transit site (but we are getting a residential site near Anstey)! Empty Re: Groby is not now getting the Transit site (but we are getting a residential site near Anstey)!

Post by grobymrs67 Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:12 am

sounds too good to be true!!

grobymrs67

Back to top Go down

Groby is not now getting the Transit site (but we are getting a residential site near Anstey)! Empty Re: Groby is not now getting the Transit site (but we are getting a residential site near Anstey)!

Post by MummySaint Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:42 am

I'm sorry but I can't understand why you would be pleased, surely they are still going to be utilising our villages' facilities so the problem is still the same as far as I'm concerned. It's just that the site has been moved to another location in the village, it may be on the outskirts of the village but still will involve exactly the same issues as if it was still on Sacheverall Way, I don't see that any progress has been made, apart from making sure that Bloors are okay to build their housing now!!!!

MummySaint

Back to top Go down

Post by jwest Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:15 pm

I think there is a long way to go yet before the we know exactly what will being sited where. Anstey will probably be up in arms more than Groby when they realise that they are effectively getting HBBCs traveller allocation, and as you said will they be looking use Grobys school, doctors and dentists as well- quite probably.

Thornton too are mounting an action group as we speak to object to their 10 pitch allocation - on a site which had already been dismissed by HBBC as an area out natural beauty (overlooking the reservoir - v.nice.)

HBBC are really coming very amateurish.

jwest

Back to top Go down

Post by grabla Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:18 am

Wouldn't they have to pay a charge to stay on a transit camp? Surely, they'll just park wherever they like, like they do at the moment?

JUst because a patch of land is designated as a camp, doesn't mean anyone will actually use it, just wasting more tax payers money.
grabla
grabla

Back to top Go down

Post by jwest Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:03 am

My understanding of the idea behind the transit camps is that police have new powers which enables them to move illegally camped travels on if there is a transit camp within X distance (therefore cheaper clean up, court costs etc). I doubt they would have to pay for the privilege of being moved on, but they do have to pay rent on the permanent residential sites.

jwest

Back to top Go down

Post by grobymrs67 Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:43 am

mummy saint i was actually being sarcastic but that obviously didn't come across in my quickly written post Smile

grobymrs67

Back to top Go down

Post by Debzy69 Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:20 am

So, it is true, Groby are happy about the travellers site being dumped on the doorstep of Anstey. I along with the residents of Anstey will fight this till the bitter end. As far as this site affecting Groby & its amenities, I think you will find that as far as the boundaries of Anstey go, this site will be in Anstey & so these so called travellers will be using the amenities of Anstey which are stretched as it is. A little digging has led me to find that this proposed site has sanctions upon it that do not allow the land to be used for any type of dwellings, or buildings so it is totally unsuitable for the plans that are being proposed. When is the H&B council going to formally make these proposals known to the residents of Anstey? Or are these proposals being pushed through the back door in the hope that the residents of anstey do not know until it is too late? It all seems rather under handed to me......

Debzy69

Back to top Go down

Post by jwest Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:33 am

Debzy69 wrote:So, it is true, Groby are happy about the travellers site being dumped on the doorstep of Anstey..

Err no we're not. We (Groby) dont want it there just as much as you.

jwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Debzy69 Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:08 pm

jwest wrote:
Debzy69 wrote:So, it is true, Groby are happy about the travellers site being dumped on the doorstep of Anstey..

Well at least you (Groby) have had the heads up on this proposal. Nobody in Anstey that I have spoken to have even heard about it. It is disgusting how the councillors in your borough are handling this. How long has this proposal been known by the residents of Groby or indeed the councillors? I will make sure that all the residents of Anstey know about these proposals. I understand that this is not the fault of the Groby residents, so any information that you can provide me will be greatly appreciated. If Groby are truly against these proposals it would be great if the two villages could join forces & fight them together. There is a meeting between the councillors to discuss the proposal on Monday the 2nd of February. Does anyone know if this meeting can be attended by the public? Or when they will make the proposals known officially & what sort of time frame we will have to oppose them? Sorry for my rant earlier, I am just very annoyed that we (Anstey) are being kept in the dark on this issue. Thank you.

Debzy69

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:58 am

To be honest Debz Groby only had a heads-up on the Sacheveral Way transit site at the end of November due to a leaked document that was reported in the Mercury, which actually turned into two sites when the draft documents were published by HBBC for the Council meeting on the 20.1.09. It was only at the actual meeting that we found out the the two (transit) sites on Sacheverall Way had been scrapped and that a 'Residential' site was planned for somewhere on Anstey Lane. The Leicester Mercury incorrectly reported that the site was offered up by Groby Parish Council, which is not the case.

Im not aware of the meeting on the 2.2.09, but i guess that they can usually be attended by the public.

You mentioned in your earlier post about the proposed site having sanctions on it, then you need to be aware that this whole exercise is actually the 'Site Allocations' element of HBBC 'Local Development Framework' plan (LDF) which sets out how land is allocated for use in the 'future', so those current sanctions wont stand (and usual planning regs dont apply to Gypsy sites because.....?).

If you want to bring yourself up to speed then have a read through these as the majority will apply the your Borough aswell, and read this too.
Also, do you know where your Borough is looking to allocate Gypsy sites in their LDF? May be worth finding out before its too late.

Oh, and just bear in mind when it comes to making represtantions on the site (objecting) that you keep it P.C and think of some bloody good reasons why it shouldnt be their clicky here

Admin
Admin

https://grobyactiongroup.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by grobymrs67 Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:05 pm

nobody wants travellers camps near them and i personally wouldn't wish it on anyone else either!

grobymrs67

Back to top Go down

Post by Debzy69 Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:58 am

Thanks for all the information you have given to me, it's fantastic. Very Happy There is so much information though to get through that I am missing one vital bit. When we talk of a 5 pitch site, we are not talking of 5 caravans are we? So how many permanent caravans will be put on a 5 pitch site? Also what is the size of land that is being offered? I ask as there is a possibility if this gets the go ahead that this site could actually increase in size.
Thank you. X

Debzy69

Back to top Go down

Post by mangeto Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:44 am

jwest wrote:

Where did you hear that from?!! What nonsense, we don't want it, you don't want it, none of us want it ANYWHERE!!!!!!!!! We should all get together and fight against this. Don't steer your anger at us, steer it at HBBC. You help us and we'll help you.

mangeto

Back to top Go down

Post by mangeto Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:49 am

MummySaint wrote:I'm sorry but I can't understand why you would be pleased, surely they are still going to be utilising our villages' facilities so the problem is still the same as far as I'm concerned. It's just that the site has been moved to another location in the village, it may be on the outskirts of the village but still will involve exactly the same issues as if it was still on Sacheverall Way, I don't see that any progress has been made, apart from making sure that Bloors are okay to build their housing now!!!!

MummySaint, you're good, I think you've seen straight through them.

mangeto

Back to top Go down

Post by Debzy69 Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:59 am

My earlier post was obviously in response to another previous post.

Having been to the Groby council meeting, I understand that the residents of Groby are as much against these proposals as we in Anstey are. We intend to fight this also, but it seems some of our councillors are not behind us as much as we would like. I am so annoyed that due to the behaviour of one of Grobys councillors Anstey will now HAVE TO spend out of its public purse to pay for a solicitor. In my opinion, that councillor should be sacked!

You are absolutely right, we should join forces & fight this together. Do you have the information on how we go about booking seats at the upcoming meeting at Groby college? Thank you.

Debzy69

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down