Funny email: Confused.con

Post by jwest on Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:03 pm

I received this earlier Laughing

jwest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Funny email: Confused.con

Post by ashk on Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:33 am

I think if we are not careful we will get like the Parish Council and Fight all the time and get personal.
I don't think we should get personal or hound any councillor , he is doing his best and does what he thinks is best. He has the best intentions of the village in his heart.
He is on our side after all. At this rate we will not not get anyone normal to stand for the Council and then where would we be.

ashk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil R on Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:15 pm

GREAT QUOTES OF OUR TIME...

"I appreciate the fact that you really snatched defeat out of the jaws of those who are trying to defeat us in Iraq." --George W. Bush, to Army Gen. Ray Odierno, Washington, D.C., March 3, 2008

"Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life." - Brooke Shields

"Fiction writing is great, you can make up almost anything." - Ivana Trump,

"I voted for the site in Anstey Lane to make sure it absolutely wouldn't happen." - Councillor Martin Cartwright

Go figure...

Phil R

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimbo on Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:42 am

It doesn't seem funny to me - anyone who can stand up to a group of baying activists (I'm not saying they were wrong just too angry to listen properly) and still stick to his beliefs, has a heck of a lot of courage. He's a local - he knows the issues - I cannot believe that he doesn't have a good reason to do what he's done - he's already shown his "honour" in keeping his word to keep silent about a confidential meeting even though "others" broadcast the leaks.

Who said: study "I may not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it'.

We need more people who have individual views rather than just be part of a mob.

Jimbo

View user profile http://www.JimColey4groby.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by jwest on Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:24 am

Jimbo, I too appreciate people having individual views and the courage to stand up and speak out. But the way i see it is that Martin Cartwright (who i dont really know anything about) probably did have good intentions (albeit to gain some personal glory?) when he suggested the site on Anstey Lane , but he (rather naively) thought that he was being clever in swapping 2 sites (Sacheverall Way and Leicester Road ) for just 1 site (Anstey Lane). Unfortunately what he has actually done is lumbered Groby with 3 sites for HBBC to chose from in Groby, as all three are in the LDF document.

I personally believe that Martin C has rather foolishly/unintentionaly screwed the people of Groby on this one, as once the Anstey Lane site gets thrown out (which it will) we will end up with either Sacheverall Way or the Leicester Road site!!.

Time will tell who's right and whose wrong :/

jwest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimbo on Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:20 am

Jwest

As you say you don't know him! - Nor do I - BUT I did listen to EVERYONE who spoke the other week and since then - and someone is lying (sorry shouldn't say that - not being completely honest) and I don't believe that it's Martin because I've had confirmation of his story from more than 2 other sources that HE didn't suggest the Ansey lane site - It had already been suggested by "another" when he spoke to the H&BBC - this will probably come out when the minuites of the private meetings are eventually released.

Truth will out eventually.

Jimbo

View user profile http://www.JimColey4groby.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down