Groby Action Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Parish Newsletter or Just one person's "Views letter"

2 posters

Go down

A Parish Newsletter or Just one person's "Views letter" Empty A Parish Newsletter or Just one person's "Views letter"

Post by FredF Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:19 am

As a past Legal technical author study I'm writing to this forum in order to suggest that the latest GPRG Newsletter, which states that The Anstey Lane site was PROPOSED by Cllr Cartwright, is INCORRECT, therefore can I believe the rest of what it says?

Firstly Cllr Cartwright seconded the amendment to the H&BBC Officer's proposal for Traveller sites in order to change the suggested sites within that proposal from “Leicester Rd and Sacheverell Way” TO “the Anstey Lane site”.

Secondly there appeared to be a dispute as to who initially "suggested" (NOT proposed) the Anstey lane site to the H&BBC Officers. Anyone who was at the last Parish Council meeting would have heard the conversations between Cllr Cartwright and Cllr Batty as to who spoke to the H&BBC Officer first about the Anstey Lane site, each disagreeing with the other's statement of fact. Therefore unless the GPRG is now taking sides between the two Cllr's it must speak the whole truth rather than assume one persons honesty above the other.

I get the feeling that the “Newsletter” is becoming a political tool of one faction within the village - rather than "for all the village" and following the blatant electioneering flier of the previous issue it's begining to become a farce. I feel that this can only help to divide the village rather than combine our efforts.

Such statements as “Due to the deliberate misinformation that has been fed to Groby Residents” seem to apply to this Newsletter as much as other sources.

Come on GPRG, be even handed, non factional and non Political (with a large or small "P") - stop supporting one Cllr over another - and more importantly PRINT SUPPORTED FACTS not hearsay and rumour. I'm not sure if it was an actual pre-edition of the GPRG Newsletter but the first flier I received was totally inaccurate and greatly inflammatory in that it stated that “The H&BBC are planning to put a travellers transit camp ON 20th JANUARY 2009 in Groby”

In conclusion can I say:

LISTEN to what is actually said at meetings!
Only print SUPPORTED facts
BE independent - don't just SAY you are "Independent Voices"

Many voices - One Village

(Fred Fish)

FredF

Back to top Go down

A Parish Newsletter or Just one person's "Views letter" Empty Re: A Parish Newsletter or Just one person's "Views letter"

Post by ashk Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:37 am

I cannot understand the FACTIONS at the parish council.
Why all this in-fighting between councillors and picking on any one councillor with a mind of his/her own. We have had a RECORD number of councillors RESIGNING and we have lost more Clerks than any other village I am sure. This Village is becoming un-ruleable.
WE ARE ALL ON THE SAME SIDE.

ashk

Back to top Go down