Groby Action Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LDF PROPOSAL

2 posters

Go down

LDF PROPOSAL Empty LDF PROPOSAL

Post by peter Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:27 am

Published February 24th, 2009
GYPSY SITE MEETING
A very useful public meeting last night at the Millenium Hall on the thorny issue of the proposed allocations for gypsy sites.
I say a thorny issue, but really all sides were in agreement - there must be no travellers sites in Burbage. The rumpus was caused by the two Conservative County Councillors trying to claim that a site will be built near Rugby Road.
Fortunately the public requested to hear from us, and David and Stuart were able to give the solid assurance that no site will be built in Burbage - even if that means throwing the whole LDF process out, and starting with a blank piece of paper.
The whole meeting was conducted with a good temperament, and I hope that everybody got the answers they were looking for. People often say that huge suburban housing estates like those we have in Burbage have no sense of community - I think that was proved categorically wrong last night.
Other villages in the Borough are feeling very aggrieved about the fact that they are on a list of preferred options, and nowhere in Hinckley or Burbage is - but there are sound reasons for it.
If anybody is unclear about how they make their views known on this issue, then they can write to Richard Palmer, at HBBC, and that will be received as part of the consultation project. In addition to this, we are resending all the consultation documents, and there will be a new exhibition/consultation scheduled for Burbage.
I have agreed to go and look at the existing sites in the northern Parishes, at the request of the Conservative County Councillor, so he can demonstrate the difficulties they already face.
I shall report back here.

peter

Back to top Go down

LDF PROPOSAL Empty Re: LDF PROPOSAL

Post by Admin Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:47 am

Who's the email from?

Admin
Admin

https://grobyactiongroup.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down