Groby Action Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proposed travellers sites (email to Groby Parish Council posted onbehalf of the sender 18-2-09)

3 posters

Go down

Proposed travellers sites (email to Groby Parish Council posted onbehalf of the sender 18-2-09) Empty Proposed travellers sites (email to Groby Parish Council posted onbehalf of the sender 18-2-09)

Post by Admin Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:33 am

Unfortunately I think that we have to face up to the serious possibility that Groby will have to provide land for at least 1 travellers site in the near future. Therefore would it not be more sensible to negotiate with Hinckley and Bosworth Borough Council a solution with the least impact on the village and it's residents. I do not believe that we will find a better solution than the proposal at Anstey Lane, this is on the far side of the A50 and will have minimal impact. Also a small permanent site is a much preferred option to a large transient site which would cause havoc in our village.

If the parish council and residents of Groby continue to refuse to offer a solution to HBBC we stand a serious risk that they will impose a solution upon us.

Please think carefully before rejecting all options

Regards

K** C********

Admin
Admin

https://grobyactiongroup.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Proposed travellers sites (email to Groby Parish Council posted onbehalf of the sender 18-2-09) Empty Re: Proposed travellers sites (email to Groby Parish Council posted onbehalf of the sender 18-2-09)

Post by jwest Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:58 pm

I response to the above i will post an email which was sent out to to the registered memeber of this site yesterday for your to think about:

Everyone,

Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council are holding their presentation
of the proposed 'Local Development Framework plan' this Thursday 19th
February at Groby Community College, split into two sessions 6.30
-7.00pm 8.00-9.00pm.

As of this afternoon it was confirmed that out of the 350 spaces
available at each of the two sessions, only 10% (TEN PERCENT!) of the
spaces have been booked by the residents of Groby that will be affected
by the proposals.

I personally fear that residents of Groby (you) may now believe that
with the 'Anstey Lane' being put forward as a 'residential traveller
site' instead of the original 'Sacheverall Way & Leicester Road'
site(s), that the problem will be far away enough not to impact on our
village, and have probably resided to the fact that it will happen
anyway.

The reality is this:

* Groby has 3 (three) sites indentified in the LDF plan (Anstey Lane, Sacheverall Way and Leicester Road).
* Anstey Lane (the current proposed 5 pitch site) may
be rejected by Goverment due to unsuitability for a variety of reasons
(no footpaths for children to go to school, crossing A50 into Groby,
no services etc etc). The original Leicester Road site would then be the default 'preferred option'.

* The new 'Transit site' in Hinckley (Lime Kilns) which replaced the original 'Sacheverall Way' may also be deemed unsuitable due to location and topographical issues etc. Then the 'Sacheverall Way' site would be the default preferred option again.
* 109 new houses planned - can Groby really sustain these with our full schools and overstreched resources? The answer is no.

From the initial reaction to the leaked plans in November and the great
response for the people of Groby, nothing has changed with regard to
what is being forced upon us by HBBC. In all reality, our position is
now worst with one more site (Anstey Lane) to defend.

I urge anyone that remotely opposes these plans to attend Thursdays meeting to show your support for the people Groby, and to help voice the strongest objection possible to Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council.

Without delay please email your name and time you wish to attend to ldf@hinckley-bosworth.gov.uk or 01455 238141 to guarantee your place at Thursday meetings.

Remeber your voice counts, and you cannot leave this issue for others to deal with alone.

Kind Regards,

(Admin)

jwest

Back to top Go down

Proposed travellers sites (email to Groby Parish Council posted onbehalf of the sender 18-2-09) Empty Re: Proposed travellers sites (email to Groby Parish Council posted onbehalf of the sender 18-2-09)

Post by rong Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:35 pm

I would be a cruel person if I did not post this Microsoft Office 2010 Professional

rong

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down