Groby Action Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my reply from steve atkinson...look familiar?

Go down

my reply from steve atkinson...look familiar? Empty my reply from steve atkinson...look familiar?

Post by grobymrs67 Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:23 pm

Thank you for your e-mail and for the opportunity to clarify the position.

Whilst I do appreciate your concerns, can I assure you that much of the information, which has been unhelpfully and prematurely circulated within the village, is misleading. No decisions have been made and none will be until the Council meeting on 20 January 2009, at which point proposals will be approved for the already planned and appropriate public consultation. Nor has any work commenced at any of the sites currently under discussion.

At present officers are still trying to identify possible sites and sizes with elected Members and initial proposals will be put to the January Council meeting; a meeting which the public can attend. It will take place at 6.30pm on Tuesday 20 January in the Council Chamber at our offices at Argents Mead, Hinckley. It is likely that the proposals currently being discussed will change before the report to the January Council meeting is finalised, as discussions genuinely continue. I will arrange for you to have details of the formal process for consultation after the meeting, to enable you to make further comment, as you are properly entitled to do.

Following the Council meeting, all residents will have six weeks to discuss and comment on the proposals, which will then be reviewed by a Government Inspector in September and October 2009. Final adoption of the proposals will not take place until November 2010.

Thank you for contacting me. I hope that this response is of assistance and assures you that nothing has been or will be done "behind the backs" of residents of Groby or elsewhere..

Yours sincerely

Steve Atkinson

Chief Executive

grobymrs67

Back to top Go down