Groby Action Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tactics or Strategy on Resistance to Travellers Site

2 posters

Go down

Tactics or Strategy on Resistance to Travellers Site Empty Tactics or Strategy on Resistance to Travellers Site

Post by ashk Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:54 pm

I am getting worried that by us coming up with all these arguments about the lack of amenites (like doctors,dentist,education) we are playing into the planner hand.
I believe that beacuse we are not saying NO for NO's sake and using other excuses the Planners will say that to get these facilities in the future we have to ALLOW more developments and they will use that as a CARROT (which we do not believe) to entice us with new amenities.
I don't want any new amenities and I don't want any more development in GROBY.
NO NO NO (Yes just plain and simple NO)

ashk

Back to top Go down

Tactics or Strategy on Resistance to Travellers Site Empty Re: Tactics or Strategy on Resistance to Travellers Site

Post by Phil R Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:15 am

Unfortunately, the Government Inspector will not take a simple 'No' into consideration.

We do bang on about health and education, because the Government bangs on about them in key guideline documents. The availability of those services for travellers is important in the selection of site locations.

We must
(a) show those services are not available here
(b) emphasise we don't have the space for them
(c) highlight that the decision on any investment in their development is out of the hands of the borough council - and hasn't been very apparent in over 20 years of development across the village
(d) indicate other sites within the borough which are more suitable because they have the facilities we lack.

Phil R

Back to top Go down