Groby Action Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Link to Thornton Reservoir Action Group- Strength in Numbers

2 posters

Go down

Link to Thornton Reservoir Action Group- Strength in Numbers Empty Link to Thornton Reservoir Action Group- Strength in Numbers

Post by flowergirl Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:21 pm

Hi,
I have decided to add the link for Thornton Resevoir Action Group because it affects us all. The Reservoir is a local beauty spot that is free and can be enjoyed by all of any age! It is not a case of Thornton now instead of Groby as they are completly different proposals, what is the same however is the poor management of the so called 'Consultation' by HBBC. We are the same ward and the same Councillors-O'Shea and Boothby will be working tirelessly to quash these inappropriate Traveller Site Proposal. Lets get together to make our voices heard! My family have personally supported Groby since the leaked proposals, due to having close links with the village. Never thinking for a moment it would be a double battle, but here we are, a moving feast it seems that can change daily!
Please get involved with letters of opposition and petitions if you can.
Many Thanks I love you
www.reservoiractiongroup.co.uk

flowergirl

Back to top Go down

Link to Thornton Reservoir Action Group- Strength in Numbers Empty Re: Link to Thornton Reservoir Action Group- Strength in Numbers

Post by Keep Thornton Beautiful Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:38 pm

I fully agree. Both Groby and Thornton are completely inappropriate places to establish large traveller sites. The "Have your say meetings" are going to be held in Groby on the 19th of February and Thornton on the 25th of February. I suggest that residents of both villages support each other by turning out in force and asking why this area of the county is being selected for so many traveller sites. Strength is in numbers - we should present a united front and make sure that the sites are situated in more suitable places. Smile

Keep Thornton Beautiful

Back to top Go down